Table of Contents
Rhymes with Knock
Sentences with knock
1. Verb, base form
This will knock off the bugs and get the dust off of the leaves.
2. Noun, singular or mass
A ringing phone or knock at the door can throw you both off-stride and make it hard to recover.
3. Verb, 3rd person singular present
In addition to using a liquid termite treatment, use baits, which knock out entire colonies of termites.
Quotes about knock
1. I'd love to knock an audience cold with one note, but what do you do for the rest of the evening?
- Eric Clapton
2. I believe success is preparation, because opportunity is going to knock on your door sooner or later but are you prepared to answer that?
- Omar Epps
3. Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
verb. ['ˈnɑːk'] deliver a sharp blow or push :"He knocked the glass clear across the room".
verb. ['ˈnɑːk'] knock against with force or violence.
noun. ['ˈnɑːk'] the sound of knocking (as on a door or in an engine or bearing).
noun. ['ˈnɑːk'] negative criticism.
noun. ['ˈnɑːk'] the act of hitting vigorously.
verb. ['ˈnɑːk'] find fault with; express criticism of; point out real or perceived flaws.
- chew up
- harsh on
- dress down
- chew out
- bawl out
- come down
- pass judgment
- call down
- have words
- pick apart
- lash out
- find fault
- call on the carpet
- pick at
- point out