noun. ['əˈsɔlt'] close fighting during the culmination of a military attack.
- resisting arrest
Words that Rhyme with Assault
How do you spell assault? Is it assualt ?
A common misspelling of assault is assualt
Example sentences of the word assault
1. Noun, singular or mass
The strikes should happen in rapid succession as if they are all part of one assault.
Quotes containing the word assault
1. Look, let me just say it: He was hot. A nonhot boy stares at you relentlessly and it is, at best, awkward and, at worst, a form of assault. But a hot boy . . . well.
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
2. Ceres wanted a united front in the plant war.""The plant war,"Percy said. "You're going to arm all the little grapes with tiny assault rifles?
- Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena
3. He held up the AK-47, the muscles in his arm bunching against the weight. “This is an assault rifle.” Then held up the handgun. “This is a semi-automatic pistol.” Then he gave a little thrust of his hips and looked down at his penis. “That is my gun. As you’ve discovered, it’s pumpaction like a shotgun , but it doesn’t fire bullets.
- Pamela Clare, Breaking Point
verb. ['əˈsɔlt'] attack someone physically or emotionally.
- set on
- set upon
noun. ['əˈsɔlt'] a threatened or attempted physical attack by someone who appears to be able to cause bodily harm if not stopped.
- assault and battery
verb. ['əˈsɔlt'] attack in speech or writing.
- pick apart
- lash out
noun. ['əˈsɔlt'] the crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will.
- carnal abuse
- sexual abuse
- sex crime
- statutory rape
- sex offense
- date rape
verb. ['əˈsɔlt'] force (someone) to have sex against their will.
- set on