Table of Contents
verb. ['əˈpruːv'] give sanction to.
Rhymes with Approve
Sentences with approve
1. Verb, base form
A building inspector will likely need to approve of your structure before you can legally build it.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Methodist churches have no official position; some approve of abortion and support gay marriage, others do not.
3. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Mortgage underwriters review and approve loans for mortgage lenders.
Quotes about approve
1. Bitch (noun): A woman who won't bang her head against the wall obsessing over someone else's opinion - be it a man or anyone else in her life. She understands that if someone does not approve of her, it's just one person's opinion; therefore, it's of no real importance. She doesn't try to live up to anyone else's standards - only her own. Because of this, she relates to a man very differently.
- Sherry Argov, Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship
2. I never approve, or disapprove, of anything now. It is an absurd attitude to take towards life.
- Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
verb. ['əˈpruːv'] judge to be right or commendable; think well of.