Table of Contents
verb. ['kənˈfɝːm'] establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts.
- back up
Rhymes with Confirm
How do you pronounce confirm?
Pronounce confirm as kənˈfərm.
US - How to pronounce confirm in American English
UK - How to pronounce confirm in British English
Sentences with confirm
1. Verb, base form
According to tractordata.com, a serial number on a tractor does not confirm the exact date of production.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
If the arms are lowered, swing them around once confirm that they do not hit the sprinkler base.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Read the label and confirm that it works on leather or fabric-to-fabric.
Quotes about confirm
1. I think in art, but especially in films, people are trying to confirm their own existences.
- Jim Morrison
2. Can officially confirm that the way to a man's heart these days is not through beauty, food, sex, or alluringness of character, but merely the ability to seem not very interested in him.
- Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones's Diary
3. I network like a Spanish Inquisitor. I am very good at extracting relevant information. And if you resist, you’ll only confirm your heresy.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
verb. ['kənˈfɝːm'] strengthen or make more firm.
verb. ['kənˈfɝːm'] make more firm.
- beef up
verb. ['kənˈfɝːm'] support a person for a position.
verb. ['kənˈfɝːm'] administer the rite of confirmation to.