noun. ['ˈnɑːkɪŋ'] the sound of knocking (as on a door or in an engine or bearing).
Rhymes with Knocking
Sentences with knocking
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Shampooing and conditioning your hair after chlorine exposure is the key to knocking out dryness and damage.
2. Noun, singular or mass
These noises can be everything from a knocking or tapping sound to just a slightly different than normal sound.
Quotes about knocking
1. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2. You might as well answer the door, my child,the truth is furiously knocking.
- Lucille Clifton, Good Woman: Poems and a Memoir 1969-1980
3. I believe compassion to be one of the few things we can practice that will bring immediate and long-term happiness to our lives. I’m not talking about the short-term gratification of pleasures like sex, drugs or gambling (though I’m not knocking them), but something that will bring true and lasting happiness. The kind that sticks.
- Dalai Lama XIV