Table of Contents
noun. anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
Rhymes with Thyroid Hormone
Sentences with thyroid-hormone
1. Noun Phrase
Synthroid is a medication prescribed for low thyroid hormone levels and prevention of goiter 14.
2. Noun Phrase
People with this disorder have immune systems that mistakenly trigger thyroid hormone overproduction.
3. Noun Phrase
Methimazole treats the disease by reducing the amount of thyroid hormone produced.
4. Noun Phrase
When a cat's thyroid glands produce too much thyroid hormone**, the result is hyperthyroidism.
noun. hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women; believed to protect them from heart disease and osteoporosis.
noun. ['ˈθaɪrɔɪd'] located near the base of the neck.
- θυρεοειδής (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
noun. ['ˈhɔrˌmoʊn'] the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect.
- thyrotropin-releasing hormone
- thyroid hormone
- somatotropic hormone
- releasing hormone
- thyrotropin-releasing factor
- thyrotropic hormone
- thyrotrophic hormone
- releasing factor
- parathyroid hormone
- gonadotropic hormone
- hypothalamic releasing hormone
- sex hormone
- human growth hormone
- gonadotrophic hormone
- antidiuretic hormone
- melanocyte-stimulating hormone
- internal secretion
- thyroid-stimulating hormone
- adrenocorticotropic hormone
- hypothalamic releasing factor
- somatotrophic hormone
- growth hormone
- GI hormones
- steroid hormone
- adrenocorticotrophic hormone
- ὁρμή (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- ὁρμάω (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- ὁρμῶν (Ancient Greek (to 1453))