noun. hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women; believed to protect them from heart disease and osteoporosis.
- hormone replacement therapy
Words that Rhyme with Releasing Hormone
Example sentences of the word releasing-hormone
1. Noun Phrase
LHRH is also sometime known as gonadotropin-releasing hormone, abbreviated GnRH.
adjective. (of a nuclear reaction) occurring with evolution or releasing of energy.
adjective. of or relating to catabolism.
adjective. (of a chemical reaction or compound) occurring or formed with the liberation of heat.
adjective. ['riːˈliːsɪŋ'] emotionally purging (of e.g. art).
noun. ['ˈhɔrˌmoʊn'] the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect.
- thyrotropin-releasing hormone
- thyroid hormone
- somatotropic hormone
- releasing hormone
- thyrotropin-releasing factor
- thyrotropic hormone
- thyrotrophic hormone
- releasing factor
- parathyroid hormone
- gonadotropic hormone
- hypothalamic releasing hormone
- sex hormone
- human growth hormone
- gonadotrophic hormone
- antidiuretic hormone
- melanocyte-stimulating hormone
- internal secretion
- thyroid-stimulating hormone
- adrenocorticotropic hormone
- hypothalamic releasing factor
- somatotrophic hormone
- growth hormone
- GI hormones
- steroid hormone
- adrenocorticotrophic hormone
- ὁρμή (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- ὁρμάω (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- ὁρμῶν (Ancient Greek (to 1453))