noun. hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women; believed to protect them from heart disease and osteoporosis.
- hormone replacement therapy
Words that Rhyme with Antidiuretic Hormone
Example sentences of the word antidiuretic-hormone
1. Noun Phrase
As alcohol enters your bloodstream, it suppresses release of antidiuretic hormone, or ADH.
2. Noun Phrase
Aldosterone and antidiuretic hormone help control sodium and water balance in the body.
3. Noun Phrase
Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone works alongside the antidiuretic hormone (ADH), allowing you to retain some water in your body.
4. Noun Phrase
One of the most important hormones, the antidiuretic hormone, acts on the kidneys to increase water retention.
noun. a drug that limits the formation of urine.
- medicinal drug
- over-the-counter medicine
- over-the-counter drug
- prescription drug
noun. ['ˈhɔrˌmoʊn'] the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect.
- thyrotropin-releasing hormone
- thyroid hormone
- somatotropic hormone
- releasing hormone
- thyrotropin-releasing factor
- thyrotropic hormone
- thyrotrophic hormone
- releasing factor
- parathyroid hormone
- gonadotropic hormone
- hypothalamic releasing hormone
- sex hormone
- human growth hormone
- gonadotrophic hormone
- antidiuretic hormone
- melanocyte-stimulating hormone
- internal secretion
- thyroid-stimulating hormone
- adrenocorticotropic hormone
- hypothalamic releasing factor
- somatotrophic hormone
- growth hormone
- GI hormones
- steroid hormone
- adrenocorticotrophic hormone
- ὁρμή (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- ὁρμάω (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- ὁρμῶν (Ancient Greek (to 1453))