noun. ['ˈsteɪtmənt'] a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc.
- verbal description
- subject matter
- Bill of Rights
- cautious statement
- true statement
- mathematical statement
- rhetorical question
- chemical formula
- value statement
Words that Rhyme with Statement
How do you spell statement? Is it statment ?
A common misspelling of statement is statment
Example sentences of the word statement
1. Noun, singular or mass
Determine what your first creditable year of service is on your RR statement.
Quotes containing the word statement
1. You possess other people's...bodies."He accepted that statement with a nod."Do you want to possess my body?""I want to do a lot of things to your body, but that's not one of them.
- Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush
2. A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement
- Jess C. Scott
3. If love had feathers and tasted like dog food, then I suggest you wear shoes with your banana pudding. (This statement also defines my political beliefs).
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
noun. ['ˈsteɪtmənt'] a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true.
- specious argument
- last word
- determining factor
noun. ['ˈsteɪtmənt'] (music) the presentation of a musical theme.
- musical theme
noun. ['ˈsteɪtmənt'] a nonverbal message.
- subject matter
noun. ['ˈsteɪtmənt'] (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program.
- program line
- macro instruction
- system error
- computer code
- computer programme
- command line
noun. ['ˈsteɪtmənt'] the act of affirming or asserting or stating something.
- speech act
noun. ['ˈsteɪtmənt'] a document showing credits and debits.
- financial statement
- account statement
- earnings report
- operating statement
- commercial instrument
- income statement
- bank statement
- profit-and-loss statement
- indirect discourse