verb. ['rɪˈplaɪ, riːˈplaɪ'] react verbally.
- come back
- call back
Words that Rhyme with Reply
Example sentences of the word reply
1. Verb, base form
You can also reply to their questions, recommend products and find ideas for your marketing campaigns.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Also, the sooner you reply, the more time you’ll have to prepare for the meeting.
3. Noun, singular or mass
If you hope for a reply from the author, include a stamped envelope addressed to yourself.
Quotes containing the word reply
1. On every birthday, I ask my wife, 'What would you like this year?' and her instant reply is, 'Diamonds! Diamonds! Diamonds!' I'm always living in hope that one day she'll say she just wants me!
- Akshay Kumar
2. The hope of a new politics does not lie in formulating a left-wing reply to the right-it lies in rejecting conventional political categories.
- Christopher Lasch
3. If somebody says 'I love you' to me, I feel as though I had a pistol pointed at my head. What can anybody reply under such conditions but that which the pistol holder requires? 'I love you, too'.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons
adjective. with cost of reply prepaid by sender.
noun. ['rɪˈplaɪ, riːˈplaɪ'] a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation.
- fall short of
noun. ['rɪˈplaɪ, riːˈplaɪ'] the speech act of continuing a conversational exchange.
- speech act
- non sequitur