Table of Contents
Rhymes with Scratch
How do you pronounce scratch?
Pronounce scratch as skræʧ.
US - How to pronounce scratch in American English
UK - How to pronounce scratch in British English
Sentences with scratch
1. Noun, singular or mass
If you don't tell your guests your secret, they might even think it was made from scratch.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Some dogs scratch the floor before lying down to enhance the comfort of their sleeping area.
3. Verb, base form
You don't want to scratch because that will cause pain.
Quotes about scratch
1. The cavemen, when they saw the antelopes, they had to scratch them on to the caves because they needed to express the immediacy of what they were being affected by - and I love that. That is why I do what I do. I need to express myself.
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
2. If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
- Carl Sagan, Cosmos
3. Steel wool—it’s not just for washing dirty dishes. It also makes great underwear material. It’ll cure that itch to take on a lover by making you scratch.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
verb. ['ˈskrætʃ'] cut the surface of; wear away the surface of.
noun. ['ˈskrætʃ'] an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off.
verb. ['ˈskrætʃ'] remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line.
verb. ['ˈskrætʃ'] carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface.
noun. ['ˈskrætʃ'] an indication of damage.
noun. ['ˈskrætʃ'] a harsh noise made by scraping.
noun. ['ˈskrætʃ'] poor handwriting.