Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈskrætʃɪŋ'] a harsh noise made by scraping.
Rhymes with Scratching
Sentences with scratching
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
A cloth has less risk of damaging or scratching the glass.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Put a scratching post up against the side of the sofa where he normally scratches.
Quotes about scratching
1. When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
2. Books don't offer real escape, but they can stop a mind scratching itself raw.
- David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
3. He’s as tall as a tree, but he fights like a rose bush. What’s with all the scratching? I should cut him down in the name of romance.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE