Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈgræpəl'] come to terms with.
- scrape along
- scrape by
- make do
- squeak by
- squeeze by
- rub along
- scratch along
- cope with
- get by
- make out
Rhymes with Grapple
Sentences with grapple
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Most people nowadays grapple with longer working hours and have less time and inclination to prepare their own lunch.
2. Noun, singular or mass
It is hardly a taboo topic, a subject that only department heads and segment chiefs grapple with.
3. Verb, base form
It's a question with which every home cook must grapple at some point.
Quotes about grapple
1. Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
- Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
2. The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.
- Carl Sagan
3. We are at the very beginning of time for the human race. It is not unreasonable that we grapple with problems. But there are tens of thousands of years in the future. Our responsibility is to do what we can, learn what we can, improve the solutions, and pass them on.
- Richard Feynman
verb. ['ˈgræpəl'] to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match.
noun. ['ˈgræpəl'] a dredging bucket with hinges like the shell of a clam.
noun. ['ˈgræpəl'] the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat.
- hand-to-hand struggle
noun. ['ˈgræpəl'] a tool consisting of several hooks for grasping and holding; often thrown with a rope.
- grappling hook