Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] the activity of selecting the scenes to be shown and putting them together to create a film.
- film editing
Rhymes with Cutting
Sentences with cutting
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Use the cut sleeve as a template for cutting the other sleeve to match.
Quotes about cutting
1. Brits have a better sense of humor in most ways. It's darker, more cutting.
- Stephan Pastis
2. That was the day I began cutting classes and returning to TV tapings; it ultimately led to a friendship with Johnny O, and an increasing fascination and respect for what he did.
- Randy West
3. Did you know that 'I told you so' has a brother,Jacob?"she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up'.
- Stephenie Meyer, Breaking Dawn
noun. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] the act of cutting something into parts.
- stand still
noun. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] a part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting.
noun. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] the act of penetrating or opening open with a sharp edge.
- surgical incision
adjective. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] (of speech) harsh or hurtful in tone or character.
- switch on
noun. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] the act of diluting something.
adjective. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] unpleasantly cold and damp.
noun. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] the act of shortening something by chopping off the ends.
- cutting off
noun. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] the division of a deck of cards before dealing.
- card game
- natural object
noun. ['ˈkʌtɪŋ'] an excerpt cut from a newspaper or magazine.
- newspaper clipping
- press cutting