adjective. ['ˈkʌvɝd'] overlaid or spread or topped with or enclosed within something; sometimes used as a combining form.
- drenched in
Words that Rhyme with Covered
Example sentences of the word covered
There's also a covered pavilion and restroom facilities.
2. Verb, past participle
Roll the Styrofoam ball in the glue until it is completely covered all the way around.
Quotes containing the word covered
1. She gave up beauty in her tender youth, gave all her hope and joy and pleasant ways; she covered up her eyes lest they should gaze on vanity, and chose the bitter truth.
- Christina Rossetti
2. You could have had anything else in the world, and you asked for me."She smiled up at him. Filthy as he was, covered in blood and dirt, he was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen."But I don't want anything else in the world.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
3. The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.
- Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt: Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time
adjective. filled or abounding with clouds.
- good weather
- clear up
adjective. (of animals) armored with bone.
adjective. covered with a layer of dust.
adjective. covered with snow.
adjective. overgrown with ivy.
adjective. covered with grass.