Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈslæp'] hit with something flat, like a paddle or the open hand.
Rhymes with Slap
How do you pronounce slap?
Pronounce slap as slæp.
US - How to pronounce slap in American English
UK - How to pronounce slap in British English
Sentences with slap
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Females also slap or chase intruders to defend their territories.
2. Verb, base form
They can slap each other on the back or shout out their names in a crowd.
3. Noun, singular or mass
* Overdraft fees: These are a slap on the risk for
Quotes about slap
1. You guessed? You must have been pretty sure, considering you could have killed me.""I was ninety percent sure.""I see,"Clary said. There must have been something in her voice, because he turned to look at her. Her hand cracked across his face, a slap that rocked him back on his heels. He put his hands on his cheek, more in surprise than pain."What the hell was that for?""The other ten percent.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. Imagine smiling after a slap in the face. Then think of doing it twenty-four hours a day.
- Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
3. The only way I'd be caught without makeup is if my radio fell in the bathtub while I was taking a bath and electrocuted me and I was in between makeup at home. I hope my husband would slap a little lipstick on me before he took me to the morgue.
- Dolly Parton
adjective. very good.
- not bad
adverb. in a violent or sudden or noisy manner.
noun. ['ˈslæp'] a blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
noun. ['ˈslæp'] the act of smacking something; a blow delivered with an open hand.
- stand still
adverb. ['ˈslæp'] directly.
- stay in place