noun. ['ˈrʌbɝ'] an elastic material obtained from the latex sap of trees (especially trees of the genera Hevea and Ficus) that can be vulcanized and finished into a variety of products.
- cold rubber
- hard rubber
- foam rubber
- Para rubber
- natural rubber
- gum elastic
- India rubber
- natural object
Words that Rhyme with Rubber
Example sentences of the word rubber
1. Noun, singular or mass
Scrape off the wax with a rubber cooking spatula to remove as much of it as possible.
Quotes containing the word rubber
1. Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie. (Jace Wayland)
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. Life is a series of pulls back and forth... A tension of opposites, like a pull on a rubber band. Most of us live somewhere in the middle. A wrestling match...Which side win? Love wins. Love always wins
- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
3. Everything I’ve learned about handshakes is from hands-on experience. Due to hygiene, I only network with rubber glove manufacturers.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
noun. going about to look at places of interest.
- looking at
noun. a water-base paint that has a latex binder.
- water-base paint
- latex paint
noun. ['ˈrʌbɝ'] an eraser made of rubber (or of a synthetic material with properties similar to rubber); commonly mounted at one end of a pencil.
- rubber eraser
- pencil eraser
- a priori
adjective. ['ˈrʌbɝ'] returned for lack of funds.
noun. ['ˈrʌbɝ'] a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow.
noun. ['ˈrʌbɝ'] contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse.
- contraceptive device
- birth control device
- prophylactic device
noun. ['ˈrʌbɝ'] any of various synthetic elastic materials whose properties resemble natural rubber.
- synthetic rubber
- buna rubber
- synthetic substance
- butyl rubber
- silicone rubber
verb. ['ˈrʌbɝ'] coat or impregnate with rubber.