Table of Contents
verb. ['ənˈkʌvɝ'] make visible.
- trot out
- bring out
- play down
Rhymes with Uncover
Sentences with uncover
1. Verb, base form
Place the wrench under the center cover and pry it off, which will uncover a bolt.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
As you uncover additional evidence you may need to refine, revise or create an entirely new thesis statement.
Quotes about uncover
1. I'm about to make a wild, extreme and severe relationship rule: the word busy is a load of crap and is most often used by assholes. The word "busy"is the relationship Weapon of Mass Destruction. It seems like a good excuse, but in fact in every silo you uncover, all you're going to find is a man who didn't care enough to call. Remember men are never to busy to get what they want.
- Greg Behrendt
2. I don't understand a thing about this world: about people, and why they do the things they do. The more I find out, the more I uncover, the more I know, the less I understand.
- Craig Silvey, Jasper Jones
3. A story isn't a charcoal sketch, where every stroke lies on the surface to be seen. It's an oil painting, filled with layers that the author must uncover so carefully to show its beauty.
- Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
verb. ['ənˈkʌvɝ'] remove all or part of one's clothes to show one's body.
- keep quiet