Table of Contents
noun. ['ˌɪnˌvɛstəˈgeɪʃən'] an inquiry into unfamiliar or questionable activities.
- fishing expedition
- unearned run
- earned run
Rhymes with Investigation
How do you pronounce investigation?
Pronounce investigation as ˌɪnˌvɛstəˈgeɪʃən.
US - How to pronounce investigation in American English
UK - How to pronounce investigation in British English
Sentences with investigation
1. Noun, singular or mass
Those text messages can be subject to a subpoena by police for an investigation.
Quotes about investigation
1. Investigation?"Isabelle laughed. "Now we're detectives? Maybe we should all have code names.""Good idea,"said Jace. "I shall be Baron Hotschaft Von Hugenstein.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. The fear of God is not the beginning of wisdom. The fear of God is the death of wisdom. Skepticism and doubt lead to study and investigation, and investigation is the beginning of wisdom.
- Clarence Darrow, Why I Am An Agnostic and Other Essays
3. It seems to me that good philosophy will always have a place in the investigation of any matter of deep human importance, because of its commitment to clarity, to carefully drawn distinctions, to calm argument rather than prejudice and dogmatic assertion""Philosophical Interventions"(Reviews 1986-2011)
- Martha C. Nussbaum
noun. ['ˌɪnˌvɛstəˈgeɪʃən'] the work of inquiring into something thoroughly and systematically.
- police work
- police investigation