noun. ['ˈglæns'] a quick look.
- coup d'oeil
- looking at
Words that Rhyme with Glance
Example sentences of the word glance
1. Noun, singular or mass
Try to simplify the benefits so they are easy to understand at a glance.
Quotes containing the word glance
1. The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that it has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare now to say that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only.
- Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
2. Sometimes I don't get you,' I said. She didn't even glance at me. She just smiled toward the television and said, 'You never get me. That's the whole point.
- John Green, Looking for Alaska
3. For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That’s a basilisk, listeners. One simple test: Check whether the thing that’s glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it’s safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that’s still likely to be the last thing you ever do.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
noun. a glance sideways.
verb. ['ˈglæns'] throw a glance at; take a brief look at.
- fall back
- bottom out
- stay in place
verb. ['ˈglæns'] hit at an angle.
- impinge on
- collide with