noun. ['ˈfoʊkəsɪŋ, ˈfoʊkɪsɪŋ'] the concentration of attention or energy on something.
- focal point
Words that Rhyme with Focusing
Example sentences of the word focusing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
By not focusing on his mistakes, he will feel much less defensive toward you.
Quotes containing the word focusing
1. People come, people go – they’ll drift in and out of your life, almost like characters in a favorite book. When you finally close the cover, the characters have told their story and you start up again with another book, complete with new characters and adventures. Then you find yourself focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past.
- Nicholas Sparks, The Rescue
2. Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.
- Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
3. How would your life be different if…You stopped worrying about things you can’t control and started focusing on the things you can? Let today be the day…You free yourself from fruitless worry, seize the day and take effective action on things you can change.
- Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
noun. ['ˈfoʊkəsɪŋ, ˈfoʊkɪsɪŋ'] the act of bringing into focus.