noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] the strength of a solution; number of molecules of a substance in a given volume.
- molal concentration
- molar concentration
- hydrogen ion concentration
Words that Rhyme with Concentration
Example sentences of the word concentration
1. Noun, singular or mass
Look for the key ingredients to be high up on the ingredient list, which indicates a high concentration.
Quotes containing the word concentration
1. The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: Concentration, Discrimination, Organization, Innovation and Communication.
- Harold S. Geneen
2. The art of pictorial creation is so complicated - it is so astronomical in its possibilities of relation and combination that it would take an act of super-human concentration to explain the final realization.
- Hans Hofmann
3. I’ll make Goyle do lines, it’ll kill him, he hates writing,” said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle’s low grunt and, screwing up his face in a look of pained concentration, mimed writing in midair. “I... must... not... look... like... a... baboon’s... backside.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] the spatial property of being crowded together.
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] strengthening the concentration (as of a solute in a mixture) by removing diluting material.
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] increase in density.
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] complete attention; intense mental effort.
- focal point
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] bringing together military forces.
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] great and constant diligence and attention.