Table of Contents
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] the strength of a solution; number of molecules of a substance in a given volume.
- molal concentration
- molar concentration
- hydrogen ion concentration
Rhymes with Concentration
How do you pronounce concentration?
Pronounce concentration as ˌkɑnsənˈtreɪʃən.
US - How to pronounce concentration in American English
UK - How to pronounce concentration in British English
Sentences with concentration
1. Noun, singular or mass
Look for the key ingredients to be high up on the ingredient list, which indicates a high concentration.
Quotes about concentration
1. The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: Concentration, Discrimination, Organization, Innovation and Communication.
- Harold S. Geneen
2. The art of pictorial creation is so complicated - it is so astronomical in its possibilities of relation and combination that it would take an act of super-human concentration to explain the final realization.
- Hans Hofmann
3. I’ll make Goyle do lines, it’ll kill him, he hates writing,” said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle’s low grunt and, screwing up his face in a look of pained concentration, mimed writing in midair. “I... must... not... look... like... a... baboon’s... backside.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] the spatial property of being crowded together.
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] strengthening the concentration (as of a solute in a mixture) by removing diluting material.
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] increase in density.
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] complete attention; intense mental effort.
- focal point
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] bringing together military forces.
noun. ['ˌkɑːnsənˈtreɪʃən'] great and constant diligence and attention.