Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈfɪtɪŋ'] in harmony with the spirit of particular persons or occasion.
Rhymes with Fitting
How do you pronounce fitting?
Pronounce fitting as ˈfɪtɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce fitting in American English
UK - How to pronounce fitting in British English
Sentences with fitting
Set up a fitting room and plan for in-house tailoring if you choose to do it yourself.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Thread a new grease fitting into the grease hole until you can no longer turn it by hand.
3. Verb, gerund or present participle
Clean the area around the broken grease fitting with a rag.
Quotes about fitting
1. I want to write my own eulogy, and I want to write it in Latin. It seems only fitting to read a dead language at my funeral.
- Jarod Kintz, I Want
2. I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.
- Jodi Picoult, Keeping Faith
3. I have to ask Allah's forgiveness and not get angry, because they come to me out of love, and it's not fitting that I should turn to them in hatred.
- Abdul Qadeer Khan
adjective. fitting snugly.
- tight fitting
- tightly fitting
adjective. fitting closely but comfortably.
adjective. not the right size or shape.
adjective. not fitting closely; hanging loosely.
adjective. ['ˈfɪtɪŋ'] being precisely fitting and right.
noun. ['ˈfɪtɪŋ'] (usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel).
- fall back
noun. ['ˈfɪtɪŋ'] putting clothes on to see whether they fit.
- trying on
- stay in place
noun. ['ˈfɪtɪŋ'] a small and often standardized accessory to a larger system.
- pipe fitting
noun. ['ˈfɪtɪŋ'] making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances.
- take away