noun. ['ˈwaɪldnəs'] the property of being wild or turbulent.
Words that Rhyme with Wildness
Example sentences of the word wildness
1. Noun, singular or mass
It includes meals and comfortable accommodation and offers a view to the pure wildness of this gigantic jungle.
Quotes containing the word wildness
1. She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city
- Roman Payne, The Wanderess
2. She is free in her wildness, she is a wanderess, a drop of free water. She knows nothing of borders and cares nothing for rules or customs. 'Time' for her isn’t something to fight against. Her life flows clean, with passion, like fresh water.
- Roman Payne
3. Nor does God whisper through the trees. His voice is not to be mistaken. When men hear it they fall to their knees and their souls are riven and they cry out to Him and there is no fear but only wildness of heart that springs from such longing...
- Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing
noun. ['ˈwaɪldnəs'] a feeling of extreme emotional intensity.
noun. ['ˈwaɪldnəs'] an intractably barbarous or uncultivated state of nature.
- achromatic color
noun. ['ˈwaɪldnəs'] an unruly disposition to do as one pleases.