noun. ['ˈfiːdɪŋ'] the act of consuming food.
Words that Rhyme with Feeding
Example sentences of the word feeding
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Bettas feed at the water surface, rather than feeding at the bottom or the middle of the tank.
2. Noun, singular or mass
If there is food left at the next feeding, lower the amount you are feeding slightly.
Quotes containing the word feeding
1. Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon.
- E.M. Forster
2. Life goal: Swim in a lake full of soup, and instead of bathing suits we’ll wear Ziploc bags while we make love like we’re feeding the homeless.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. If you spend your life sparing people’s feelings and feeding their vanity, you get so you can’t distinguish what should be respected in them.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night & The Last Tycoon
noun. ['ˈfiːdɪŋ'] the act of supplying food and nourishment.
- total parenteral nutrition
- infant feeding
- intravenous feeding
- forced feeding