noun. ['ˈtʃuːɪŋ'] biting and grinding food in your mouth so it becomes soft enough to swallow.
- change of state
Words that Rhyme with Chewing
Example sentences of the word chewing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
The trouble with pup chewing on kitty's dirty business is that cat poop is full of toxic parasites.
Quotes containing the word chewing
1. You've got to eat while you dream. You've got to deliver on short-range commitments, while you develop a long-range strategy and vision and implement it. The success of doing both. Walking and chewing gum if you will. Getting it done in the short-range, and delivering a long-range plan, and executing on that.
- Jack Welch
2. In the afternoon, they stopped to eat on a rocky outcrop. Perry brushed a kiss on her cheek while she was chewing, and she learned that it was the loveliest thing to be kissed for no reason, even while chewing food. It brightened the woods, and the never sky, and everything.
- Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky
3. To Garan's credit, the treatment of Dellian prisoners did change after that. One particularly laconic man, after a session in which Fire learned positively nothing, thanked her for it specifically. "Best dungeons I ever been in,"he said, chewing on a toothpick."Wonderful,"Garan grumbled when he had gone. "We'll grow a reputation for our kindness to lawbreakers.
- Kristin Cashore, Fire