Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈdaɪnɪŋ'] the act of eating dinner.
- Dutch treat
Rhymes with Dining
How do you pronounce dining?
Pronounce dining as ˈdaɪnɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce dining in American English
UK - How to pronounce dining in British English
Sentences with dining
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
A free hot breakfast including Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches is served daily in the lobby dining area.
2. Noun, singular or mass
The inn also has a dining room and sitting room with satellite television.
Quotes about dining
1. In our fast-forward culture, we have lost the art of eating well. Food is often little more than fuel to pour down the hatch while doing other stuff - surfing the Web, driving, walking along the street. Dining al desko is now the norm in many workplaces. All of this speed takes a toll. Obesity, eating disorders and poor nutrition are rife.
- Carl Honore
2. I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give.
- Thomas Jefferson, Letters of Thomas Jefferson
3. We made love like a goat has four legs like a table. If your dining room table can walk, it’s best to eat while sitting in wheelchairs.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
noun. someone employed to provide service in a dining room.
- waiter's assistant
- maitre d'
- restaurant attendant
- maitre d'hotel
- slave driver
noun. dining-room furniture consisting of a table on which meals can be served.
- dining table
- dining-room furniture
- get off
- live out
noun. a large room at a college or university; used especially for dining.
- high table
noun. a room used for dining.
- dining room
- mess hall
- dining-room table
- dwelling house
noun. furniture intended for use in a dining room.
- piece of furniture
- dining-room table
- article of furniture