Table of Contents
adjective. ['ɪˈlæbrət, ɪˈlæbɝˌeɪt'] marked by complexity and richness of detail.
Rhymes with Elaborate
How do you spell elaborate? Is it elaborite ?
A common misspelling of elaborate is elaborite
Sentences with elaborate
This type of ring has an elaborate engagement ring but allows the wedding ring to show simplicity.
Quotes about elaborate
1. The whole educational and professional training system is a very elaborate filter, which just weeds out people who are too independent, and who think for themselves, and who don't know how to be submissive, and so on -- because they're dysfunctional to the institutions.
- Noam Chomsky
2. Hey, Carlos,"the Professor says when he walks in. "How was REACH?""It sucked.""Can you be more specific?"my guardian asks."It really sucked,"I elaborate, sarcasm dripping from every word.
- Simone Elkeles, Rules of Attraction
3. Every decent con man knows that the simplest truth is more powerful than even the most elaborate lie.
- Ally Carter, Uncommon Criminals
verb. ['ɪˈlæbrət, ɪˈlæbɝˌeɪt'] add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing.
adjective. ['ɪˈlæbrət, ɪˈlæbɝˌeɪt'] developed or executed with care and in minute detail.
verb. ['ɪˈlæbrət, ɪˈlæbɝˌeɪt'] make more complex, intricate, or richer.