noun. ['ˈdrɛsɪŋ'] a mixture of seasoned ingredients used to stuff meats and vegetables.
- turkey stuffing
- oyster dressing
- oyster stuffing
Words that Rhyme with Dressing
Example sentences of the word dressing
1. Noun, singular or mass
It is important to keep the dressing dry.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Part of dressing a bed is making sure that it is clean underneath.
Quotes containing the word dressing
1. I love dressing up and doing the red carpet every once in a while, but I am very much a jeans kinda girl, so it's all a little embarrassing for me.
- Kelly Clarkson
2. I love dressing up. It's the best part of being a girl, I think.
- Emma Roberts
3. I’ve changed, and she’s changed, but we haven’t changed together. We were in separate dressing rooms the whole time we dated.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
noun. ['ˈdrɛsɪŋ'] processes in the conversion of rough hides into leather.
- natural object
noun. ['ˈdrɛsɪŋ'] the activity of getting dressed; putting on clothes.
- good fortune
- good luck
noun. ['ˈdrɛsɪŋ'] savory dressings for salads; basically of two kinds: either the thin French or vinaigrette type or the creamy mayonnaise type.
- half-and-half dressing
- blue cheese dressing
- Russian mayonnaise
- Thousand Island dressing
- sauce Louis
- bleu cheese dressing
- Roquefort dressing
- Lorenzo dressing
- Russian dressing
- salad cream
- anchovy dressing
- Italian dressing
- French dressing
- salad dressing
noun. ['ˈdrɛsɪŋ'] the act of applying a bandage.
- medical care
noun. ['ˈdrɛsɪŋ'] a cloth covering for a wound or sore.
- medical dressing
- cloth covering
- surgical dressing
noun. ['ˈdrɛsɪŋ'] making fertile as by applying fertilizer or manure.
- top dressing