Table of Contents
verb. ['dɪˈnaɪ'] declare untrue; contradict.
Rhymes with Deny
How do you pronounce deny?
Pronounce deny as dɪˈnaɪ.
US - How to pronounce deny in American English
UK - How to pronounce deny in British English
How to spell deny? Is it deney? Or deniy? Common misspellings are:
Sentences with deny
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Many insurance policies have clauses that deny coverage if you drive recklessly.
2. Verb, base form
If you file a claim for a broken dishwasher with your insurance company, it will deny your claim.
Quotes about deny
1. You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts...but you cannot deny he's got style...
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2. Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
3. People who deny the existence of dragons are often eaten by dragons. From within.
- Ursula K. Le Guin, The Wave in the Mind: Talks & Essays on the Writer, the Reader & the Imagination
verb. ['dɪˈnaɪ'] refuse to accept or believe.
verb. ['dɪˈnaɪ'] refuse to let have.
- hold on
- keep back
verb. ['dɪˈnaɪ'] refuse to grant, as of a petition or request.
- keep back
verb. ['dɪˈnaɪ'] refuse to recognize or acknowledge.
verb. ['dɪˈnaɪ'] deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a legal suit.
verb. ['dɪˈnaɪ'] deny oneself (something); restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure.