verb. ['oʊˈbeɪ'] be obedient to.
- abide by
- take orders
- obeir (Anglo-Norman)
Rhymes with Obey
How do you pronounce obey?
Pronounce obey as oʊˈbeɪ.
US - How to pronounce obey in American English
UK - How to pronounce obey in British English
Sentences with obey
1. Verb, base form
Dual citizens are required to obey the laws of both countries they hold nationalities to.
Quotes about obey
1. Resist much, obey little.
- Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
2. If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun.
- Katharine Hepburn
3. Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make"and "stay"become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.
- Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker