Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈbɔrn'] brought into existence.
Rhymes with Born
How do you pronounce born?
Pronounce born as bɔrn.
US - How to pronounce born in American English
UK - How to pronounce born in British English
Sentences with born
1. Verb, past participle
Line the box with paper until the puppies are born.
Quotes about born
1. Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .
- C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
2. It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
3. We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
- Orson Welles
adjective. of persons born in another area or country than that lived in.
adjective. belonging to a place by birth.
adjective. spiritually reborn or converted.
adjective. being or having the customs or manners or dress of a city person.
noun. a Christian who has experienced a dramatic conversion to faith in Jesus.
noun. British nuclear physicist (born in Germany) honored for his contributions to quantum mechanics (1882-1970).
adjective. ['ˈbɔrn'] being talented through inherited qualities.