Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈbɛrɪŋ'] relevant relation or interconnection.
Rhymes with Bearing
How do you pronounce bearing?
Pronounce bearing as ˈbɛrɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce bearing in American English
UK - How to pronounce bearing in British English
Sentences with bearing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Apply a thin film of bearing grease to the spindle.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Be sure to press the grease through to the inside of the bearing.
Quotes about bearing
1. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
- Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
2. Honesty is the most single most important factor having a direct bearing on the final success of an individual, corporation, or product.
- Ed McMahon
3. A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
adjective. capable of bearing a structural load.
adjective. of animals having fur (especially of commercial quality).
adjective. of or relating to or containing nitrogen.
noun. ['ˈbɛrɪŋ'] dignified manner or conduct.
- personal manner
noun. ['ˈbɛrɪŋ'] the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies.
noun. ['ˈbɛrɪŋ'] characteristic way of bearing one's body.
- bodily property
- manner of walking
noun. ['ˈbɛrɪŋ'] heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield.
- armorial bearing
- heraldic bearing
- positive charge
adjective. ['ˈbɛrɪŋ'] (of a structural member) withstanding a weight or strain.
noun. ['ˈbɛrɪŋ'] a rotating support placed between moving parts to allow them to move easily.
- thrust bearing
- journal bearing
- needle bearing
- rotating mechanism
- ball bearing
- roller bearing