noun. ['ˈhɛdɪŋ'] a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about.
- newspaper headline
- running head
- running headline
- statute title
Words that Rhyme with Heading
Example sentences of the word heading
1. Noun, singular or mass
Highlight “Personal Folders” under the “Name” heading and select “Settings.”
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
There is also a fitness room where guests can work out before heading off for business or sightseeing.
Quotes containing the word heading
1. Hope is a state of mind, not of the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good.
- Vaclav Havel
2. Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were heading for shore.
- Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
3. As in all matters involving love, which has so many different meanings, you find that the feeling that we label 'love' is not a simple feeling, it's a very complex one. Under the heading 'love' can come all sorts of rage and desperation.
- Helen Garner
noun. ['ˈhɛdɪŋ'] a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine.
- natural depression
noun. ['ˈhɛdɪŋ'] the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies.
- straight line