Table of Contents
adjective. ['səˈpɔrtɪŋ'] furnishing support and encouragement.
Rhymes with Supporting
Sentences with supporting
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Lift one leg up so that the supporting leg is bearing your weight.
Quotes about supporting
1. I will never buy a fish tank, because I don't believe in supporting the funding of aquatic war machines.
- Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me
2. You are not a perfect woman.You have an evil temper, you’re as blind as a mole, you’re a deplorable poet, and frankly, your French accent could use some work.” Supporting himself on his elbows, Leo took her face in his hands. “But when I put those things together with the rest of you, it makes you into the most perfectly imperfect woman I’ve ever known.
- Lisa Kleypas, Married By Morning
3. Many of us saw religion as harmless nonsense. Beliefs might lack all supporting evidence but, we thought, if people needed a crutch for consolation, where's the harm? September 11th changed all that.
- Richard Dawkins
adjective. financially independent.
noun. ['səˈpɔrtɪŋ'] the act of bearing the weight of or strengthening.
- shoring up
adjective. ['səˈpɔrtɪŋ'] capable of bearing a structural load.