noun. ['ˈdæŋgəlɪŋ, ˈdæŋglɪŋ'] the act of suspending something (hanging it from above so it moves freely).
Words that Rhyme with Dangling
Example sentences of the word dangling
Secure any dangling wires or cords against the machine to reduce the risk of entrapment or strangulation.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Wear the new collar flat with the ends dangling or tie the ends together in a soft knot.
Quotes containing the word dangling
1. It just seems like overkill when you already have a dagger and I have superpowerful magic at my disposal.”“‘Superpowerful?’”He stood up, a gold chain dangling from his fingers. “Let me remind you of two words, Mercer: Bad. Dog.
- Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass
2. Do I look stupid?"snarled Uncle Vernon, a bit of fried egg dangling from his bushy mustache.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. Writing simply means no dependent clauses, no dangling things, no flashbacks, and keeping the subject near the predicate. We throw in as many fresh words we can get away with. Simple, short sentences don't always work. You have to do tricks with pacing, alternate long sentences with short, to keep it vital and alive.... Virtually every page is a cliffhanger--you've got to force them to turn it."~
- Dr. Seuss