Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈæθˌliːt'] a person trained to compete in sports.
- baseball player
- soccer player
- basketball player
- ball hawk
- tennis player
- ice-hockey player
- pole jumper
- pole vaulter
- football player
- shot putter
- lacrosse player
- ἀθλητής (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- ἀθλέω (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
Rhymes with Athlete
How do you pronounce athlete?
Pronounce athlete as ˈæθˌlit.
US - How to pronounce athlete in American English
UK - How to pronounce athlete in British English
How do you spell athlete? Is it atlethe ?
A common misspelling of athlete is atlethe
Sentences with athlete
1. Noun, singular or mass
You don't have to be a world-class athlete to hike around Egypt, but being physically fit helps.
Quotes about athlete
1. Don't walk through life just playing football. Don't walk through life just being an athlete. Athletics will fade. Character and integrity and really making an impact on someone's life, that's the ultimate vision, that's the ultimate goal - bottom line.
- Ray Lewis
2. I try and tell all the kids that I meet that hope to be amazing one day and be a professional athlete or a doctor or a lawyer or whatever they want to be. I tell them they can do all that because Tourette's won't stop them.
- Tim Howard
3. Good ideas are like Nike sports shoes. They may facilitate success for an athlete who possesses them, but on their own they are nothing but an overpriced pair of sneakers. Sports shoes don't win races. Athletes do.
- Felix Dennis