noun. ['ˈvɪzɪtɝ'] someone who visits.
- visiting fireman
Words that Rhyme with Visitor
Example sentences of the word visitor
1. Noun, singular or mass
Those granted a visitor visa are not allowed to accept a job in the United States during the trip.
Quotes containing the word visitor
1. This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor...Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
2. Inspiration is always a surprising visitor.
- John O'Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom
3. A visitor is a friend, he brings news, good or bad, which is bread to the hungry minds in lonely places. A real friend who comes to the house is a heavenly messenger, who brings the panis angelorum.
- Karen Blixen, Out of Africa