Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈʌtɝəns'] the use of uttered sounds for auditory communication.
- roll call
- speech sound
- auditory communication
- speech production
- -ance (English)
- oultrance (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
- utter (English)
- utera (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Utterance
How do you pronounce utterance?
Pronounce utterance as ˈətərəns.
US - How to pronounce utterance in American English
UK - How to pronounce utterance in British English
Sentences with utterance
1. Noun, singular or mass
Compare the child's average length of utterance with data for his age level.
Quotes about utterance
1. The words I love you form an oral floral phrase that's so fragrant it can overpower even the most flagrantly foul-mouthed utterance.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
2. The author who benefits you most is not the one who tells you something you did not know before, but the one who gives expression to the truth that has been dumbly struggling in you for utterance.
- Oswald Chambers