Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˌəndɝˈstʊd'] implied by or inferred from actions or statements.
Rhymes with Understood
Sentences with understood
1. Preposition or subordinating conjunction
Contractual lawsuits also result from parties that never read or fully understood the terms of the contract.
2. Verb, past participle
The consequences of the discoveries being made in the field of quantum physics are still being understood.
The effect of echinacea on platelet function and blood thickness is not yet fully understood.
4. Verb, base form
You may have heard the words "cell phone carrier," but not understood what it means.
5. Noun, singular or mass
Some linguistics scholars focus on the structure of language and how it is organized and understood.
Quotes about understood
1. Love is understood, in a historical way, as one of the great human vocations - but its counterspell has always been infidelity. This terrible, terrible betrayal that can tear apart not only another person, not only oneself, but whole families.
- Junot Diaz
2. I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.
- Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
3. Indomitable perseverance in a business, properly understood, always ensures ultimate success.
- Cyrus McCormick
adjective. ['ˌəndɝˈstʊd'] fully apprehended as to purport or meaning or explanation.