noun. ['ˈtɔrˌsoʊ'] the body excluding the head and neck and limbs.
- body part
- physical structure
- rear end
- shoulder joint
- organic structure
- articulatio humeri
- serratus muscles
- hind end
- spare tire
- love handle
- tail end
- natural depression
- torso (Italian)
- thyrsus (Latin)
Rhymes with Torso
How do you pronounce torso?
Pronounce torso as ˈtɔrˌsoʊ.
US - How to pronounce torso in American English
UK - How to pronounce torso in British English
Sentences with torso
1. Noun, singular or mass
Place the open scarf around your neck and let it hang down the front of your torso.
Excessive hunger, thirst, and urination Pot belly Hair loss from the torso Loss of energy Vomiting Diarrhea
3. Verb, base form
Using your glutes, raise your legs and torso off the ground.
Quotes about torso
1. I often wear camouflaged pants so when I walk I look like a floating torso. I love with the same air of mystery.
- Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. Specifically ages 18-81.
2. A kangaroo would jump better if instead of legs, it had a trampoline under its torso. And there would be no depression, because it would bounce right back.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. We all have to have something to hold on to, even if it’s our own torso.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title