Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈbækˌsaɪd'] the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
- rear end
- hind end
- tail end
- natural elevation
Rhymes with Backside
How do you pronounce backside?
Pronounce backside as ˈbækˌsaɪd.
US - How to pronounce backside in American English
UK - How to pronounce backside in British English
Sentences with backside
1. Noun, singular or mass
Turn the runner over so the backside is facing up.
Quotes about backside
1. I like tricks; I like to dazzle. Dribbling and leaving your opponent on his backside is what life is for. If I achieve what I want to, then I'll mark a distinct era in football. I'm the Che Guevara of modern soccer.
- Sergio Aguero
2. I’ll make Goyle do lines, it’ll kill him, he hates writing,” said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle’s low grunt and, screwing up his face in a look of pained concentration, mimed writing in midair. “I... must... not... look... like... a... baboon’s... backside.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
3. It’s funny. I met a man once who did a lot of mountain climbing. I asked him which was harder, ascending or descending? He said without a doubt descending, because ascending you were so focused on reaching the top, you avoided mistakes.The backside of a mountain is a fight against human nature,” he said. “You have to care as much about yourself on the way down as you did on the way up.
- Mitch Albom, For One More Day
noun. ['ˈbækˌsaɪd'] the side of an object that is opposite its front.