verb. ['ˈbʌt'] to strike, thrust or shove against.
Words that Rhyme with Butt
How do you pronounce butt?
Pronounce butt as bət.
US - How to pronounce butt in American English
UK - How to pronounce butt in British English
Example sentences of the word butt
1. Noun, plural
Slowly squeeze your glutes and hold your butt tight for three seconds.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Depress the push pins that hold the gas tank cover in place using the butt of a ratchet handle.
Other signs of anal sac disease besides butt scooting include constant licking or biting of the anal area.
Quotes containing the word butt
1. If there were an international butt competition, Eric would win, hands down—or cheeks up.
- Charlaine Harris, Dead to the World
2. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!
- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
3. There’s a really stupid saying: When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade. Well, I have a better saying: When life hands you a lemon, shove that lemon up its stupid butt.
- Gena Showalter, Oh My Goth
verb. ['ˈbʌt'] lie adjacent to another or share a boundary.
- butt against
- butt on
noun. ['ˈbʌt'] thick end of the handle.
- butt end
- rifle butt
- natural elevation
verb. ['ˈbʌt'] place end to end without overlapping.
noun. ['ˈbʌt'] finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking.
- roll of tobacco
- marijuana cigarette
- cubeb cigarette
- coffin nail
- filter-tipped cigarette
- cigarette butt
noun. ['ˈbʌt'] sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at.
- clay pigeon
noun. ['ˈbʌt'] a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping.
- butt weld
- butt joint
- fish joint
noun. ['ˈbʌt'] the part of a plant from which the roots spring or the part of a stalk or trunk nearest the roots.
- component part
noun. ['ˈbʌt'] a victim of ridicule or pranks.
- April fool
noun. ['ˈbʌt'] a large cask (especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 hogsheads or 126 gallons).