noun. ['ˈtɑːrgət, ˈtɝːgət'] a reference point to shoot at.
- bull's eye
- reference point
Words that Rhyme with Target
How do you pronounce target?
Pronounce target as ˈtərgət.
US - How to pronounce target in American English
UK - How to pronounce target in British English
Example sentences of the word target
1. Noun, singular or mass
The target heart rate is the same for all the segments.
2. Verb, base form
Most antibiotics do not have the ability to target specific problem microbes and will instead attack all of them.
3. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
How you angle your upper body during a dip can affect how you target these muscles.
Quotes containing the word target
1. I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
- Arsene Wenger
2. Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
3. Ally."Peeta says the words slowly, tasting it. "Friend. Lover. Victor. Enemy. Fiancee. Target. Mutt. Neighbor. Hunter. Tribute. Ally. I'll add it to the list of words I use to try to figure you out. The problem is, I can't tell what's real anymore, and what's made up.
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
noun. aquatic plant with floating oval leaves and purple flowers; in lakes and slow-moving streams; suitable for aquariums.
- water lily
- Brasenia schreberi
adjective. guided automatically toward the target.
noun. ['ˈtɑːrgət, ˈtɝːgət'] the location of the target that is to be hit.
- topographic point
- ground zero
- target area
noun. ['ˈtɑːrgət, ˈtɝːgət'] a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence.
- fair game
noun. ['ˈtɑːrgət, ˈtɝːgət'] sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at.
- clay pigeon
noun. ['ˈtɑːrgət, ˈtɝːgət'] the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable).
verb. ['ˈtɑːrgət, ˈtɝːgət'] intend (something) to move towards a certain goal.
- home in
- take aim
- zero in
- range in