adjective. ['ˈtɛmptɪŋ'] very pleasantly inviting.
Words that Rhyme with Tempting
Example sentences of the word tempting
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
And no matter how tempting it is to sing along with your favorite tunes, try to hold back.
Quotes containing the word tempting
1. I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.
- Abraham Maslow, Toward a Psychology of Being
2. Remind thyself, in the darkest moments, that every failure is only a step toward success, every detection of what is false directs you toward what is true, every trial exhausts some tempting form of error, and every adversity will only hide, for a time, your path to peace and fulfillment.
- Og Mandino
3. Down in the water, Octavian yelled, “Get me out of here! I’ll kill you!”“Tempting,” Percy called down.
- Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena
adjective. ['ˈtɛmptɪŋ'] highly attractive and able to arouse hope or desire.