Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈtæn'] a light brown the color of topaz.
Rhymes with Tan
Sentences with tan
1. Noun, singular or mass
This is no time to work on your tan, and your skin will thank you for the protection.
The tan line left by your clothing will also help you track your progress.
3. Verb, base form
No matter how long you choose to tan, you must use protective eye wear.
4. Verb, past participle
The fuller rose beetle is tan in colour and small, reaching 1/2 inch in length at most.
Quotes about tan
1. What happened to your tan?"--Fang"It was dirt."--Max
- James Patterson, The Final Warning
2. I’m hard to love, but I love hard, like my heart is the sun yearning to tan your naked body. I promise I won’t burn you.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. Creo que todos tenemos un poco de esa bella locura que nos mantiene andando cuando todo alrededor es tan insanamente cuerdo.
- Julio Cortázar
adjective. having a pattern of black and tan.
noun. ['ˈtæn'] a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun.
- achromatic color
adjective. ['ˈtæn'] of a light yellowish-brown color.
noun. ['ˈtæn'] ratio of the opposite to the adjacent side of a right-angled triangle.
- circular function
- trigonometric function
- chromatic color
verb. ['ˈtæn'] get a tan, from wind or sun.
verb. ['ˈtæn'] treat skins and hides with tannic acid so as to convert them into leather.