verb. ['ˈswɝːl'] flow in a circular current, of liquids.
- stay in place
Words that Rhyme with Swirl
Example sentences of the word swirl
1. Verb, base form
Add a little water and swirl it around the bleach to make a paste.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Serve with fresh herbs, croutons and a swirl of coconut milk.
3. Verb, past participle
Stir or swirl until it dissolves.
Quotes containing the word swirl
1. I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions.
- James A. Michener
2. The words “I love you” swim and swarm as they swirl and form fluidly, and if you are thirsty then how I feel about you is an extra large—with free refills.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. We seem to inhabit a universe made up of a small number of elements-particles-bits that swirl in chaotic clouds, occasionally clustering together in geometrically logical temporary configurations.
- Timothy Leary, Chaos & Cyber Culture
verb. ['ˈswɝːl'] turn in a twisting or spinning motion.
- go around
noun. ['ˈswɝːl'] the shape of something rotating rapidly.
- round shape
- unearned run