noun. ['ˈvɔrtɛks'] the shape of something rotating rapidly.
- round shape
Words that Rhyme with Vortex
Example sentences of the word vortex
1. Noun, singular or mass
How did you hold up during last week's record-setting polar vortex?
Quotes containing the word vortex
1. Every few weeks she would shut herself up in her room, put on her scribbling suit, and fall into a vortex, as she expressed it, writing away at her novel with all her heart and soul, for till that was finished she could find no peace.
- Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
2. I love deeply. I love long. I love wide and high. That's right, my love is interdimensional, and my vortex will heal your body and soul.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. I, while the gods laugh, the world's vortex am;Maelström of passions in that hidden seaWhose waves of all-time lap the coasts of me;And in small compass the dark waters cram.- I, While the Gods Laugh, the World's Vortex Am
- Mervyn Peake, Collected Poems
noun. ['ˈvɔrtɛks'] a powerful circular current of water (usually the result of conflicting tides).
- stand still