Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsɝːf'] waves breaking on the shore.
- moving ridge
- stay in place
Rhymes with Surf
How do you pronounce surf?
Pronounce surf as sərf.
US - How to pronounce surf in American English
UK - How to pronounce surf in British English
Sentences with surf
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
No matter when you surf, make sure you make time for a post-workout snack.
The beach itself is popular with surfers and surf fishers who need a California fishing license.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Dogs are permitted on the beach and in the surf at Smyrna Dunes beachfront park.
4. Verb, base form
For absolute beginners, this is one of the best spots in Mexico to learn how to surf.
Quotes about surf
1. My life path has been a blessing and a great learning experience. Skateboarding is my passion and I don't see that changing. When I'm not skating, I love to surf. I'm open to the new experiences and opportunities.
- Ryan Sheckler
2. You never really know what's coming. A small wave, or maybe a big one. All you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it, instead of drown in its monstrosity.
- Alysha Speer
3. If pinpointing God's presence were really that simple, then he supposed the beaches would be more crowded in the mornings. They would be filled with people on their own quests, instead of people jogging or walking their dogs or fishing in the surf.
- Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song
verb. ride the crest of a wave without a surfboard.
verb. switch channels, on television.
verb. ['ˈsɝːf'] ride the waves of the sea with a surfboard.
verb. ['ˈsɝːf'] switch channels, on television.
- let go of
- stand still
- straight line
verb. ['ˈsɝːf'] look around casually and randomly, without seeking anything in particular.