Table of Contents
adjective. ['səˈprɛst'] held in check with difficulty.
Rhymes with Suppressed
Sentences with suppressed
1. Verb, past participle
Certain medications may contribute to oral thrush as well as having a suppressed immune system.
2. Verb, past tense
Silymarin also restored antioxidant status that was depleted by the toxin and suppressed precancerous activity in kidney cells.
Quotes about suppressed
1. ... how terrible is the pain of the mind and heart when the freedom of mankind is suppressed!
- E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
2. As in all infant sciences, the universal habit of the human mind - to take a partial or local truth, generalise it unduly and try to explain a whole field of nature in its narrow terms - runs riot here (in psychoanalysis). Moreover, the exaggeration of the importance of suppressed sexual complexes is a dangerous falsehood.
- Sri Aurobindo, Integral Yoga: Teaching and Method of Practice
3. ...they needed someone to explain, to spin, the parts of the tale that couldn't be suppressed. Someone reputable and educated. Someone brilliant yet absolutely committed to the faith. Someone like my father.
- Martha N. Beck
adjective. ['səˈprɛst'] kept from public knowledge by various means; .
adjective. ['səˈprɛst'] manifesting or subjected to suppression.